North America Job Openings
Sr. RAN Engineer – LTE SGSN/MME (Technology)
Nexius has a new position available in the core engineering organization located in the Seattle WA area. We are looking for an expert to oversee the development and validation of HSPA+ and LTE networks. The project is in collaboration with a major wireless operator.
The successful candidate will work in a fast pace technical group that is tasked with developing, engineering and validation of UMTS, HSPA+ and LTE infrastructure. The work involves interfacing with NSN, Lucent and Ericsson to understand the SGSN and MME platforms they provide, Integrating these systems in a network, Validating the solution, preparing test plans, reporting on test results, documenting the architecture, preparing engineering guidelines and supporting implementation teams in its deployment nationwide.
- Ability to focus on the critical issues while maintaining a view of the e2e picture.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects
- Confident attitude
- Familiar with Vendor facing situations.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree required, (a graduate degree desired) – Engineering or computer science major preferred
- Experience on NSN and Ericsson SGSN or on Alcatel Lucent MME.
- High familiarity of 3GPP specifications.
- Expertise in Wireless Network Architecture
- Multiple years of experience with UMTS RAN
- Expertise on SGSN and MME platforms as well as all interfaces around them
- Familiar with Signaling Analyzer suite (such as Tektronix G10 or JDSU SART)
- Proven understanding of LTE EPC
- Familiarity with the Microsoft office suite. In particular, Visio, Powerpoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with HP QC