North America Job Openings
Device Manager (Technology Strategy)
The Nexius Technology Strategy team advises organizations, network operators, vendors, and investors on emerging technologies, and helps them formulate sound business and technology strategies. For organizations that want an independent perspective to plan their product, services, and business strategy, Nexius offers a seasoned team of strategy consultants who have the knowledge and experience to deliver the recommendations your business needs to seize emerging opportunities.
Nexius is looking for a seasoned professional to further develop its Device Certification practice within the technology team.
- Provide strategic technology advice and deliver solutions to wireless carriers, cable companies, equipment vendors, application developers, component vendors and device vendors.
- Lead engagements focused on providing technology advice re: Device and User Equipment Requirements, Device Certification, Device Testing, Field and lab testing, End to End testing, User Experience verification
- Specific technical expertise about Mobile Devices including applications, infrastructure, alternate technologies, dominant vendors, etc.
- Collaborate proactively with business and solutions consulting teams during the pre-sales phase.
- Create customer proposals which lead to the selection of Nexius for client projects.
- Provide active and competent communication of Nexius strategies and thought leadership in customer engagements.
- Lead the development of technology strategies to support and help the client win the target group of customers / accounts.
- Monitor industry trends and develop customized solution in new areas such as M2M, Grid, eHealth.
- Managing, mentoring, and supporting career development of team and overseeing assignments.
- 10+ years wireless/cable, IT, high tech industry, and/or consulting experience
- 5+ years focused on device ecosystem
- 3+ years project leadership in business development of device testing or related fields
- 3+ years leading teams to provide project management to customers in service/technology development, business planning, market research or related fields
- Expertise in Industry standards (e.g. 3GPP, OMA) and experience with North American Industry practices.
- Supervise staff of 5+
- Sales familiarity and comfort; proficiency with MS Office suite
- Bachelor degree; computer science and electrical engineering; Master’s degree or MBA preferred